Thursday, July 27, 2006

Pictures of Pitchers



As the Sun began to go down last Friday night, there was a nice warm glow coming through my dining room window. I took that opportunity to create some images using one of the two blue colored glass pitchers I scored at a yard sale a couple Saturdays ago.

I don’t normally stop at yard sales, but when I was leaving my grandparents house on a Saturday afternoon recently, I spotted from the road, some cool blue colored glass objects that looked to be a part of a yard sale that was about to close. So I circled around and stopped. Upon closer observation, the blue glass was that of two pitchers, one short and stalking the other a little taller with a ribbed texture all over. I was debating which one to buy, both were only $5.00 each. The lady told me she had originally gotten them at an auction and couldn’t believe no one had bought them that day. She said she hated to get rid of them, but she had switched to more of a “red glass” décor.

My first thought was to use the one I would choose to hold ice cold water in my refrigerator. I asked them which one held the most water, so an old tall man, whom I think was her husband filled one up with hose water. I then poured it into the other, finding out that they both held about the same. I decided to buy both. Not wanting to waste perfectly good water, I asked them if they had some plants that needed watering and they said sure. So, I poured the refreshing liquid on a few plants that were parched in the Florida sun.

Once I got my new found treasures home, I seen what I had already thought. The plastic pitcher I’m currently using to refrigerate water holds a fair amount more than the ones I just salvaged from the garage sale. So, I decided to place both of them on top of the fridge as a pair where they could be shown off. I just think they’re cool.

7 comments:

Michele @ crazyfordesign said...

I didn't notice these on Wednesday. They are very, very cool. I love the little swirl at the handle bottom on the one in the background. Very, Very cool! I miss good yard sales!

Gabriella said...

I didn't notice them either. They look really neat.

Tim said...

Chad,

You tell such good stories! I too didn't notice the pitchers! When are you going to do your Sonny's blog?

mark said...

those are pretty cool pitchers. good find my cheeky fellow.

Chad Oneil Myers said...

Thanks Mark but I don't think I'm a "offensively bold" fellow.

mark said...

com'on chad be offensive. its fun and a great way to meet people I mean tick people off.

Holly said...

What great finds! Gorgeous photos - the color is stunning!