Monday, September 10, 2007

Brian Littrell at Night of Joy 2007




A few years ago, the Backstreet Boys were being interviewed and Brian Littrell was asked what he’d be doing if he wasn’t in the group. He said that he’d probably be a youth pastor. I took notice to that statement.

So, it wasn’t a surprise when it was announced that Brian was coming out with a solo “Christian” album of his own a little over a year ago. I knew that I would probably enjoy his music, so I purchased his album, “Welcome Home”, as soon as it came out last year.

I wasn’t disappointed. I was pleased to find lyrics that reflected the truths of Christ and a personal relationship that Brian has with Him. What a platform he has to share his faith! He’s a part of one of the most popular Pop groups in the world!

He's talked about how he’s taken a lot of flak from others who don’t understand why he’s doing what he’s doing. His song, “My Answer is You”, answers that question. He has said that he’s always wanted to be a Christian artist. That was always the plan.

His platform will continue to be built as the Backstreet Boys are scheduled to release a brand new album October 30th and go on tour.

Here are a few images of Brian Littrell’s Night of Joy Debut this past Friday night. He performed two sets at "Galaxy Palace Theater" in Tomorrowland. I’ll be sharing a few more photos from this concert in my next post.

You can find out more about Brian’s testimony by clicking Here and Here.

Click Here to sample some of his music. His song "Over My Head" is one of my favorites.

18 comments:

Jill said...

GREAT concert shots!!! Not easy... mine would probably be mostly blurs.

ASHE said...

I had no idea of the dedication behind this particular Back Street Boy. Go him!

And great pictures, by the way ;)

Gabriella said...

I like his shirt.

photowannabe said...

Thanks for letting us hear his testimony and songs. Great pictures too.

Lara said...

i also had no idea that brian littrell was anything other than a backstreet boy. i'll have to check out his album now.

Shionge said...

We are all big fan of Backstreet Boys especially their song NEVER GONE...

Thank you for this post and I'll look out for this album :D

Blue Wave 707 said...

Chad, great photos!

I knew that name sounded familiar, as my daughters were Backstreet Boys fans. Glad to see he's using his talents to honor and glorify the Lord.

A Christian hard rock band called Fanmail, did a cover of "I Want It That Way".

Terra Photography said...

These are some great concert shots! The colors are vivid and the focus is perfect.

bluemountainmama said...

who'da thunk? :) good photos that capture the vibrancy and energy that seems to have been going on at this event....

Amanda said...

Those pics are amazing. I'm assuming you have a digital SLR... I'm jealous - I need one real bad. Very nice post fo sho.

Went to a concert last night that was by and far THE BEST concert I have ever been to ~ George Moss, Skillet and Toby Mac. It was my first time seeing Skillet and Toby Mac in concert. George performed in Jamaica on our mission trip as he went w/ us but last night was the first time for us to see him w/ his band. Over half of the WaYfm Jamaica team came out in support of George and to enjoy Skillet and Toby Mac! It was awesome to have that many of my friends at a concert. And I had bought 6 seats front row. It was so cool b/c we all lined up in the front as George was performing, so as he looked down the line in the front, he saw all of his friends and he wore his Jamaica mission shirt for us. So cool. So also I had about 10 of us front row for TOBY MAC!! WAY TOO FUN! You should try bringing that many friends to a concert. It's awesome! No worries, I'll be posting about it soon... :D

Chica, Cienna, and Cali said...

i have neevr shot a performance though i'd love to. I have to tell you these are great captures, Chad..keep up the good work!!! :)

David Pentecost said...

Chad, those are great shots. looks like publicity shots or something (thus your "photogblog" watermark) one would find on his website.

Amanda said...

Very interesting. Yeah, I'm a photo nut at times :) I love photography and at some point hope to invest in a better camera... Although mine seems to capture good pics - I'm used to it and know how to use it... Just the toughest settings are concerts - the lighting is usually the killer and seating can be too if you're not front and center... Toby Mac is so hard to capture as he's constantly moving!

Any way, if you head over to my blog and click on the "My Pics" link, it'll take you to my pics from last night. Good times for sure. In fact, about 15 of my friends came to this concert - it was over half of the Jamaica team :) Yes, we are all good friends. In fact, you'll see all our George Moss (www.g-moss.com) shirts. He's our bro :)

Laurie said...

Beautiful shots.

I never really followed the Backstreet Boys. That is very interesting.

Joy said...

That is indeed commendable! Not many people would openly share their faith.

joy
Your Love Coach

lv2scpbk said...

My favorite photo is the first one with his finger pointing. I like the lighting and how he is postioned in the photo. At first I was gonna ask, who is this? I know the music of the Backstreet Boys, so that answered my question. Glad he's doing what he loves to do. Not many people get that chance. I will have to check out his album.

Mr. Mapper said...

You are right that is a great CD. I too bought it when it first came out.

I really like your photography style!

JAM said...

Wonderful, the coloring is awesome!