Friday, March 21, 2008

Fly Me To The Moon


Another image from my Old Town archives. I had posted a different view of this car a while ago, in a post entitled, “Come Fly With Me”. That particular image is one of my most favorite ones that I’ve captured of a classic automobile and this one is not far behind it.

This is a classic Ford Victoria. I love the shade of teal that graces the body of this car and the way that the hood ornament jet plane, in all it’s chrome glory, looks as though it’s getting ready to fly strait out of the earth's atmosphere.

One of the times that I was photographing the front of this car, an older woman walked up to me and said proudly, that she had a car like this when she was younger.

So many memories seem to be tied in with the automobiles that share our lives.

15 comments:

Ash said...

W O W !!!
This is so cool.

Lori said...

These photos are so neat! The colors are fantastic. Wish I could go along on one of the photo shoots with you and Salty.

Jose said...

Wow, another beautiful picture. And this time the right make. lol

photowannabe said...

I think it is one of my favorites too. Its a great angle. Is that your reflection on the nose of the "plane"?
Have a blessed Easter Chad.

Nestor Family said...

Oooo... very nice, indeed!!!

Happy Easter, Chad!

lv2scpbk said...

Love how you took this shot. Really makes it look like a plane instead of a car mount.

Coy Hill said...

Cool! Too bad they don't make'em like they use to. Some of the older cars had great decorative detail.

Ps. Stop over at Country Captures to see the "Chadster" at work :)

Kerri Farley said...

WOW! this is beautiful!
Happy Easter!

Tom said...

This is beautiful..
I called over to wish you all the best for Easter. I know this is a special time for you and I just wanted to say hello again and wish you all the best.

Tom

Stacey Olson said...

Great shot.!! Love the angle of this photo..

Anonymous said...

Yes it was these machines that made our lives complete back then. I can remember each of our new cars and how important it was that we get one every year or two and we did for many years. What a monumental waste of money and a positive delight to the automobile dealers we must have been.

A very nice photograph with your post today.

Easter greetings from Abraham Lincoln in Brookville, Ohio.

Blue Wave 707 said...

That's a cool shot!

I have never seen thathood ornament before. It reminds me of the hood ornament on a '57 Chevy Bel Air
http://bluewavepix.blogspot.com/2007/06/now-thats-classic.html

Chica, Cienna, and Cali said...

"So many memories seem to be tied in with the automobiles that share our lives."..so true, Chad. Beautiful shot, lovely color too! i just looked at your "come fly with me" shot......it has to be one of my all time fav. from your collection too!! that shot is, simply put, AWESOME!

Debra Trean said...

always wonderful super crisp and colorful images. Just lovely work

Unknown said...

i cant tell how how much i love this pic!!! :)

fabulous!