Sunday, October 25, 2009


This weekend, Sandy and I drove to Franklin, Tennessee for the wedding of some friends. We left Kissimmee, Florida on Thursday night and arrived in Franklin on Friday morning for the wedding that night. It was a 12 hour journey, but worth it.

On Saturday morning, Sandy and I stopped in downtown Franklin for breakfast. While there, I spotted this old church with a beautiful tree in all it’s Fall glory beside it. I shot a few frames of the scene and came up with this image. I have another one that shows all three windows in a landscape format, but I felt less was more for this one.

8 comments:

Coy Hill said...

Beautiful Chad, just lovely!

lexi said...

I love the colors! ...fall...ah! October, don't you just love it? And the mountains this time of year, great time for a wedding and a visit. :)

~Brenda said...

This is a gorgeous photo; love the fall foliage and the stained glass window!

Laurie said...

Very lovely. Nicely composed.

photowannabe said...

The perfect Fall setting Chad. I love the brick, stained glass and the gorgeous tree. Glad you posted it.

Blue Wave 707 said...

Wow! Pretty nice fall colors!

Shionge said...

You reminded me of my trip in Florida :D

Tim said...

What a great shot!