Thursday, June 16, 2011

Illuminated


I think at the core of photography is the thought or phrase, “look at this”. There’s always a reason why we push the shutter release button. Something inspired you to take the photograph. Maybe it was to remember a place or occasion. Or, as I like to do, maybe it was just to capture the beauty or art of a scene or object. Something you wouldn't normally take the time to notice or enjoy, now framed and frozen in time.

Last Saturday night, my wife and I met up with her sister and brother-in-law for dinner at Pei Wei. As I was sitting down to our table, I noticed how light was glowing through my wife's cup of water in an otherwise dark scene. It immediately inspired me. So, I got out my camera, composed the shot and took this image.

3 comments:

~Brenda said...

I love how you have the talent to take the ordinary and make it extraordinary!

Unknown said...

You captured that scene very well Chad. Amazing what you can see with a "photographers eye".

Blue Wave 707 said...

Nice play with the lighting!