Wednesday, December 03, 2008

The Color of Now


When I got this phone a few months ago, it came with two different face plates. One set of dark blue and one set of red. Since blue is my favorite color, I went with that. But, now that it’s December, the month of Christmas and the month that I’m getting married, I’ve decided to change up the plates to be a representation of the magical month that I’m now living in.

I guess that’s just the way I am, I attach meaning and significance to a lot of things in my life. That’s something that became very apparent to Sandy the first time she saw my apartment. I showed her my photographs that I have on my walls and explained where I acquired different items or why I was displaying this or that. She later stated to someone, “When I saw the way he had his apartment decorated, everything had meaning and purpose behind it.”

I never really noticed that about myself, but when she pointed that out, it definitely rang true.

7 comments:

Jose said...

Wow, you are not a Virgo by any chance? lol I kindda do the same thing. I cherish things that mean a lot to me and keep them for a long time. Drives my wife crazy but she got used to it.

AphotoAday said...

Hi Chad,

Great to touch bases with you again...
And congratulations BIG TIME on your upcoming wedding... Enjoyed reading all the related posts on your blog... I wish you both a lifetime of happiness...

Laurie said...

I love the sleek look of the red in this shot.

Red is the color of the Season and the color of Passion. Very appropriate.

Lori said...

I can completely understand that.

How are the wedding plans coming along? I can't wait to see what you have to share this month!

Blessings to you and Sandy...

~Brenda said...

This is a great quality to have, to put significance in things. I know you don’t take people or things for granted, very thoughtful post.

photowannabe said...

I think you are a one of a kind type of guy.
Wish you lived on this coast. You and my son Mr. Mapper could really be good friends. You both think alike, and live your lives the same way..for the Lord.

Blue Wave 707 said...

Nice product shot