Saturday, September 09, 2006

Come Fly with Me


Here’s one of my favorite images I’ve captured at Old Town‘s Saturday Night Cruise. I like getting shots that not many people think to get as they pass by these classic cars. Many just see the car as a whole, but for me, certain design characteristics jump out. Maybe it’s a fender, a head light, a hood ornament or an emblem. I love taking these design aspects and turning them into works of art. In this particular image, I wanted to give the feeling that this airplane was going to take to the skies and fly right off the hood of this classic Ford.

The “Cruise” is the largest “weekly” car show in America with an average turn out of 325 classic automobiles per Saturday night! The parking and admission is free and the inspiration is bountiful.

12 comments:

photowannabe said...

Great shot..the rumpely (?)sky really adds just the right color.

ari4u said...

Chad, thank you for stopping by my blog and for the nice comments. I love your pictures. This one was well composed. Love the clouds.

Lucy said...

Very, very pretty!

danne said...

Always a plesure to visit you blog.

Annie said...

This is a very successful shot at evoking the experience of flight. You did it - with a car, no less.

Dave MacIntyre said...

Great capture!

I've added a link to your page on my blog...hope that's cool Chad.

Susan Jones said...

Makes me wanna!

Chad Oneil Myers said...

Dave,
That's very cool!

Glad everyone's enjoying the image.

Tim said...

Great Shot! Where do I purchase the tickets for the next flight!

Ash said...

Nice one....love the clouds!

Wingnut said...

oh there's that angle, that perfect out of the ordinary angle that works so well, wonderful shot!

Reeholio said...

Very cool photo Chad! And it's a Ford.