Friday, September 01, 2006

Lake Mirror


One of the many lakes in the city I live in is Lake Mirror. It is accompanied by Hollis Garden which is home to many beautiful flowers and is a venue for many weddings. As I went down there tonight in hopes of finding some good subjects to photograph I noticed a lot of people gathering at Hollis. It wasn’t long until I saw a sign right in front of me that read “Wedding in Progress, Please be Courteous”.

Since I couldn’t explore Hollis because of the ceremony, I decided to walk around Lake Mirror to see what I would find. As I walked, nothing really seemed to present itself. I spotted a cool turtle in the water, but he was a little too far out, the lighting was a little too dim and he vanished beneath the surface before I could get any type of shot. As I headed back from whence I came, feeling a little disappointed and ready to give up for the evening, the sky began to look amazing. It was then my shot presented itself! I took advantage of the moment and began to shoot different compositions, making sure I captured this beautiful scene.

23 comments:

Coy Hill said...

One word, BEAUTIFUL. Low angle lighting can turn a very ordinary scene into the spectacular. Well done.

culturally literate idiot said...

SO BEAUTIFUL! I have to go out on a photo shoot for my first class assignment. Evidence of man. Boring. But I shall make it beautiful.

Susan Jones said...

Fantastic shot Chad!
and in an odd way, kinda spooky to me.

Corinne said...

Stunning colour, and a great composition.

Tim said...

Awesome job! This is one of my favorite! The reflection off of the lake is great!

Michele @ crazyfordesign said...

I got the "kinda spooky" feeling too, just like Susan. :) Great shot.

Chad Oneil Myers said...

Linnie,
"Evidence of Man" sounds like a cool assignment actually!

"Spooky", cool! I guess it does look mysterious with the shadows and the dark building does look a little menacing. I enjoy getting everyone's input and hearing how you all see my photographs.

MMM said...

I like the contrast of the organic stuff in the foreground vs. the man-made buildings in the back. Nice job!

Dave MacIntyre said...

And capture it you did! Stunning shot Chad.

Wingnut said...

like magic, I love when that happens, you spend all day out and shoot (the equilivent of) 3 rolls in 10 minutes when it "happens"

I didn't get "creepy" from this, it feels like I just want to sit there and watch the rest of the sunset and listen to the frogs as the city lights up. Way cool...

aaditarke said...

beeeeaaauuuttiiffulll!!!!! simply stunnin dude..!

Lucy said...

I agree with the whole "spooky" consensus. It's fantastic!
You must live in a beautiful city...

micki said...

First visit here, great work! Glad I found ya'.

micki said...

These colors are so warm, very autumn like!

Annie said...

I'm amazed at your photos. How DO you do it? I'm a rank amateur and can tell that you are not that at all!

Thanks for visiting my blog - and for your kind words.

Saffron said...

This is gorgeous! Truly gorgeous!! I've really enjoyed looking at your photography - love the boy and cool car too, a special moment captured wonderfully. I'll definitely be stopping by again soon :)

Thanks for visiting my blog and your kind words about my black and whites with their splash of colour. I love yours too!

PS. I LOVED Kat as well - talk about bloody stunning AND she could sing. I was captivated by her amazingly good looks though. Loved Chris as well - a rocker who was VERY hot! ;)

Chad Oneil Myers said...

Saffron,
Thanks for stopping by, your always welcome here.

From what I'm hearing, I think Kat and Chris really should have been the "final two" as I thought, but I think Taylor must have had his whole state voting like crazy for him!

Syann said...

gorgeous colours and love the gradient! such a magical image!

Ali said...

Beautiful shot. Nice contrast and silhouettes!

Kim said...

All I can say is WOW! Tell me you didn't photoshop this. . .it's superb.
-Kim

Chad Oneil Myers said...

Kim,
Didn't photoshop it. Glad you like it!

Kimberley said...

Breath Taking shot. Iso enjoyed your photos as well as ylour words, so nicely put together. Great combo!

Annelisa said...

paying a return visit, and love the pictures! Great stuff - some interesting and some beautiful shots!