Monday, September 25, 2006

Corvette Cockpit


At Old Town’s Saturday Night Cruise, you can look, but you can’t touch the beautiful automobiles that are on display there. I remember leaning over the side of a late 50’s model corvette, trying to capture the very cool gauge panel of this racing machine. As I was contorting, as to not “touch” the car, I felt the door to the convertible begin to open below me. I immediately thought that the owner wanted into his prize possession, and said to him, “Oh, I’m sorry”. He replied to me, “Why don’t you just get in, you look like your going to break your back trying to get that shot!”

So, feeling very privileged, I gladly stepped into the cockpit of this vintage racing machine and captured the image you see above.

16 comments:

photowannabe said...

Only black and white could do this beautiful car justice. The car dashboard really has the look of a cockpit.

Dave MacIntyre said...

Ahhhhh....when cars were cars.

Anonymous said...

Sucker for cars! Great Shot!

Susan Jones said...

beautiful work!
amazing, looooove it.

Kimberley said...

VERY comical and Very good. you sound like my son, when se sees an exotic car somewhere, anywhere he will go over and look into it. I keep telling him that one day he is going to set off an alarm! Boys Boys Boys... ;o)

Anonymous said...

Dang thats a lot of gadgets there. Beautifully done.

Kekiinani said...

Nicely composed. :) Looks almost tooo confusing to be a car dash.. :) I love your story to go along with the image :)

Patty said...

oh, how sweet and very kind of him to allow you to do so! :) i thought for a second you were going to accidently fall into the car, attracting much notice. thank goodness it didn't turn out that way. :) very pretty design/shot! Have you seen the movie Cars? I saw it with my family a few months back, anyway, i was reminded of that. :) I can relate to leaning over in oddly twisted positions to get a photo. Neat how you were saved from doing any more stretching by the gentleman.

Roland Simmons said...

That is something that I would have missed. Nice shot. I know what you mean about the cars at shows and the owners. Boy, don't even look like you want to touch becuase you will definitely get a talkin' to.

Sidney said...

Wow! Gorgeous!
Too bad he didn't allowed you to take his car home! ;-)

Olivier said...

Voiture de reve, la photo en noir et blanc est superbe.

Coy Hill said...

The greyscale is a very good choice for this shot. Great composition. Love it!

Joel Reynolds said...

Hey Chad

Cool shots lately - great contrast in this one!
Well done.
Joel

Lucy said...

Yo Chad,
This is a great picture. Definately the cockpit feel! I bet the rest of the car was pretty sweet too.
Gotta run--life is always busy for an Assistant TO the Regional Manager. ;-) Just kidding...

Chad Oneil Myers said...

Thanks all!

Luce,
You should be promoted to "Assistant Regional Manager";)

ari4u said...

wow. I love the metallic finish. So futuristic