Thursday, August 02, 2012

What's Most Important


Right now, I'm in the midst of one of the busiest times in my life. I don't get much time to shoot, so sometimes, it's difficult to come up with a new blog post each week. But, over a year ago, I made a commitment to myself to post an image here once a week. So far, I've done just that ever since. It helps keep the photography part of my life alive.

This week, I didn't really have an image to share. So, as I scavenged through the folders on my laptop to find something to keep my posting streak alive, I saw this self portrait of my wife and I.

Truth is, of all the subjects I usually post here: cars, animals, things; this is the most important. My wife Sandy gives me such unconditional, genuine love. She's the best thing in my life. No matter what else I become or achieve, she'll be by my side. Through each season, each storm, each time we're basking in the sun of life, we'll be sharing it. That's all I ever really wanted and God gave her to me.

2 comments:

~Brenda said...

Happy you have kept your commitment to blogging weekly. I have this photo in my scrapbook. :)

Blue Wave 707 said...

That is a great shot of you two!