Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Big Thunder Mountain Railroad


Monday was my wife Sandy’s birthday. This year, Disney is running a promotion where you can get admission to one of their parks for FREE on your birthday. So, since we were both taking her birthday off work, we decided to take advantage of the offer and enjoy our first trip to the Magic Kingdom as a married couple. When we obtained our tickets, they gave Sandy a birthday pin with her name on it. Each cast member of the park that saw Sandy’s pin, wished her a “Happy Birthday.”

As we waited in line for one of my favorite rides at the Magic Kingdom, “Big Thunder Mountain Railroad”, I captured this image. This was the first “roller coaster type” ride that I rode as a kid.

6 comments:

Blue Wave 707 said...

Cool selective color shot! That's one of my favorite rides @ Disneyland!

The best place to sit has to be in the front half of the train.

~Brenda said...

I love the selective color in this photo; it looks almost magical!

That’s cool Sandy got a Disney pin with her name on it, a nice keepsake from her 31st birthday; and to be told ‘Happy Birthday’ throughout the day is an added touch!

Lori said...

This is a really neat photo. I've always wanted to learn how to do the selective color.

It's almost surreal because you really can't tell the actual size of the train. I thought it was a toy until you said it was a ride. Cool!

Laurie said...

OOOH! How fun! I hope she had a very happy birthday!

Excellent shot here.

photowannabe said...

Love the selective color shot and I'm so jealous. I want to be there right now! Right in the front as Blue Wave says.
I haven't been to WDW in 5 years and have serious withdrawl symptoms. last year Disneyland so I still get a Disney fix but its not the same.
Happy Birthday to your dear wife Sandy.

Ranger said...

Great shot.