Thursday, August 17, 2006

Fill My Cup


Here’s another image I captured while visiting my parents in Pennsylvania. I was wondering around trying to create something interesting one evening and saw this water faucet in my parents garden. Since the sun was beginning to lower in the sky, I thought it would be cool to capture a silhouette of the lone object. I had to shoot from a low angle and through the fence to showcase the faucet without including any distracting elements.

When I look at this image I think of a song that I’ve been listening to recently. “Fill My Cup” by Paul Colman. Paul is an Australian who was formerly of the “Paul Colman Trio” later went “solo” and is now playing guitar for one of my favorite bands “Newsboys” who are made up of a few “Aussies” as well.

The song just talks about Christ filling our empty hearts up with His “running water” of life. Some of the lyrics go “Fill my cup to the top, with running water, call me out and show me how”. There‘s so many times I need God to do that in me, that's why I relate so much to this song.

Paul Colman originally performed this song when he was with his “trio” of musicians. Follow this link to see a cool video of him doing a solo “acoustic” version of “Fill My Cup”. www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Zgyky56A4c

Youtube.com is so cool by the way, if you've never explored it by searching for whatever, give it a try!

8 comments:

culturally literate idiot said...

I love the picture. You captured the water pump at a good angle-its always really hard to get good contrast in your pictures when you are dealing with a lot of sky. I love your work. And no problems about the "links" thing-only awesome people go on MY links list!

Lucy said...

Great picture. It also reminds me of the Chris Rice song "Thirsty", which is a super encouraging reminder of how Christ fills us so abundantly--and nothing else can.

Michele @ crazyfordesign said...

Very cool picture. I can just imagine you on the ground, like you were ducking from enemy fire, aiming your camera upwards to the faucet. It's interesting what we'll do to get something we're passionate about.... Keep it up!

Tim said...

What a cool shot! What a great post!

danne said...

hi. Just wanted to say thanks for all your comments on my blogg. You are a good photografer man. I'll love to come back to your blogg. Got to run.

Best wishes Danne

Chad Oneil Myers said...

Danne,
Thanks, I'll be checking back to yours too!

- said...

Hmmm.. thanks for your comments. Love your site too...

Unlike you, i have no good with words so i let pictures tell my story.

Chad Oneil Myers said...

Ah ween,
Thanks for visiting!