Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Bublé


This is an image I took during a visit to Down Town Disney, at a giant media store there. Because of the unique atmosphere of specialty shops, restaurants and a very big AMC theater, DTD is one of my favorite places to go with friends and has been a date destination on a few occasions. If you’re a girl who has been significantly in my life or at least somewhat significantly, chances are, you’ve been to Down Town Disney with me.

I saw this CD of Michael Bublé and thought it would be cool to incorporate it into a photograph. I don’t have any Bublé stuff yet, but I do think he sings romantic tunes. I like the simple yet truthful lyrics in many of those big band style songs that he covers. Songs like “Fly Me to the Moon”. “Fly me to the moon, let me play among the stars, let me see what spring is like on Jupiter and Mars…In other words…hold my hand…In other words…darling kiss me!”
Good stuff.

19 comments:

Unknown said...

I haven't heard him. I'll keep a look out for something he sings.

photowannabe said...

Chad, I think you are a older classic in a young persona. Great tunes. Like Faye, I'll have to keep a look out for Buble too.

Chad Oneil Myers said...

Ladies,
Check out Bublé's website, I linked his name in my post. You will hear some of his music there.

Gabriella said...

I have one of his CDs.... I really like his music!!!!!! Romantic & (Swing).

Lucy said...

His music sounds good...but no one can sing "Fly Me to the Moon" like Frank.

Chad Oneil Myers said...

Lucy,
Your right. I do have Frank's rendition on CD.

Lucy said...

Which album is it?

Chad Oneil Myers said...

Lucy,
It's one of the many "Best of" CD sets. This one has two discs. I think it's called "My Way, the Best of Frank Sinatra", or something like that. One of the criterias for buying it was that it had "Fly Me to the Moon" on it. I passed over a few at Best Buy that did not have that one on them, but finally found the set that included it.

Susan Jones said...

I'm walking with you in these places Chad! nice shot!

Annie said...

Sort of a walk down memory lane with girlfriends of the past, huh?

Chad Oneil Myers said...

Susan,
Glad you came along;)

Annie,
Down Town Disney holds a lot of good memories for me. Hopefully even better ones that have yet to be made!

photowannabe said...

Chad, thanks for your kind comments on my last blog entry. I appreciate it.

Ash said...

I havent heard of him but will check it out!

angeldreams said...

Really nice shots!!

Corinne said...

Intersting angle for the shot. I like some of Buble's songs but I find him a little uncomfortable and lacking in sex appeal. He needs to loosen up!

Chad Oneil Myers said...

Corinne,
I guess not all ladies are wooed by Mr. Bublé after all.

Chad Oneil Myers said...

shalaka,
That's really disgusting.

Michele @ crazyfordesign said...

I like Bublé. His style is big-band like the really quality music of 'before'. Real instruments were played by real people and not on a synth. His performance matches the style of music he sings, refined and smooth. I like the picture too. :)

Carie said...

OH, I have been whhooed by Michael Buble, he is wonderful!!!! I love the pic,just wish I could visit DTD, maybe someday soon!!!

Carie