Thursday, November 02, 2006

Urban Cowgirl


As the wind began blowing my subjects hair early in the shoot, I asked the family if they had brought any hats. One of the girls spoke up about a cowboy hat they had in their van, it would do. So, each of the two girls took turns wearing it, keeping the disheveled hair issue down to a minimum.

This image was taken towards the end of the shoot as the 11:00am sun began to shine brightly. I used fill flash to lighten up where the hat shaded her eyes. We had overcast skies for half of the shoot that morning, which I liked because of not having to deal with harsh shadows. I always prefer shooting in early morning or early evening for this reason.

10 comments:

Bill said...

I love the color mix!

photowannabe said...

I do too Chad. This sweet girl really makes the shot.

Anonymous said...

Bravo, beau travail sur cette photo. en plus les couleurs ont un cote "passé"


Cheer, beautiful work on this photograph. more the colors have a dimension “last”

Gabriella said...

well you know I love the PINK hat!

Unknown said...

thanks of visit. can i have your e-mail??

shola said...

I wish I had this much personality when I was young. It's a great photo.

Chad Oneil Myers said...

Gabby,
I knew you would.

Brian,
Thanks for the visit as well. Sorry I don't really give out my e-mail on here too much.
I visited one of your other photo sites "Aries Photo", and liked the "Air Asia" image. Looks like a good flight to be on.

Photo girl,
These two little girls really did have great personalities. They loved being photographed. Made my job easier.

tatiana blanco said...

Thanx for visit my blog, your pictures are very nice

Brian Mc said...

Full of spunk, it looks like to me!

ari4u said...

Very pretty. I love the selective de-saturation effect.