Thursday, October 26, 2006

Lake Mirror Classic part 3


Last Friday was the opening night of this year's Classic. I didn’t get over there until around 7:00pm when most of my shooting light was almost gone for the day. I thought I would at least check out what cars were already on display, but I didn’t expect to capture much.

It wasn’t long until I came upon this yellow Ford GT. In between people surrounding it for photos and such, and as the light was bidding farewell, I grabbed this image. I set my camera on “shutter priority” mode and adjusted it to the lowest setting I knew that I could still handhold it on for a steady image. The built in “Vibration Reduction” of my Nikon allowed me to handhold the camera with a ¼ of a second shutter speed and still capture a relatively sharp image.

My viewing monitor flips out and pivots up or down which allows me to capture the creative angles many of you have been wondering about.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmm can you love a car? Very nice I don't think our ford discount counts for this car. Very nice images!

photowannabe said...

I like that you've given us just a tantilizing bite of the whole feast.

Bill said...

Handheld at 1/4 second, wow. I tend to live on tropods when I am serious, but I don't ahve the anti vibe on my Canon D60. Nice work.

culturally literate idiot said...

yeah. your camera seriously makes me jealous.

Lucy said...

Saturday linkage for you Chad:
One of my top 5 U2 songs.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NC37BIMe78
It's perfect for getting going on a Monday morning, and this video is pretty funny because they're all so young and The Edge has this cowboy sort of getup w/a bowler hat and long hair. Pretty sweet!

mark said...

Hey chadley did you get you r car fixed? Sad you could not get there Sunday, see you

Michelle B said...

Crisp!!!!!