Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Brian Littrell at Night of Joy 2007 part 2





As I neared the entrance to Tomorrowland’s “Galaxy Palace Theater” for Brian Littrell’s 10:30pm concert, I began scanning the venue for the best spot possible. This particular concert location was one of the few of the night that featured actual seating. At first I began to get worried when I realized that most of the front seats were already taken. But, I then noticed a small crowd gathering at the front of the stage, people who were planning to stand through the concert. Standing seemed like a very small price to pay to obtain the kind of images that I was hoping for. So, I joined the crowd up front and found myself right were I needed to be.

Brian began his set with “My Answer is You” and then donned a guitar to play one of my favorites, “Angels and Heroes”. I had just been listening to that in the car on the way in that evening, now I was hearing it Live! Brian continued with his praise anthem “We Lift You Up”. I heard an “Awe” from some girl when Brian sang the lyric about God blessing him with his wife, “Let me share with you just how I know He’s blessed my life / He opened up His precious hands and gave me a wife / And then He touched her deep down in her soul and gave me a son / For it is He that knows no greater love for He is the One / And at night when I pray to the Lord that I know / I thank Him for His precious blood He gave to save my soul / And that is why // We lift you up!…”

The stage seemed to be a second home for Brian as he glided around it as if to be in his own living room. At one point, someone threw a Donald Duck doll on stage which led Brian into a story about his son, Baylee, talking to a Donald doll the other day and telling him that he was his favorite. The next thing we know, his son comes out on stage! (see video here) Brian knelt down to let his boy talk into the microphone. I think the intention was to get Baylee to sing, but all he wanted to do was talk about the funny voices that his Daddy could do. Brian had just nailed a perfect “Donald” voice before Baylee had come on stage. Once Baylee said a few cute things, he ran back off with the stuffed Donald. I’m still trying to figure out if the Donald was planted ahead of time or what, but either way it was a cute moment between father and son. As Baylee was exiting, Brian said to the crowd, “Good thing this is ‘Night of Joy’, cause ‘Lord help us!’” referring to his growing son.

Brian then said that he knew he had some "fabulous memories" with everyone there (referring to his Backstreet Boys success) and proceeded into a two song Backstreet medley” of “I Want it That Way” and “As Long as You Love Me”. He performed it in a fun loving way that had the crowd singing along as he held the microphone out towards the audience.

The 45 minute set flew by. This was his first of two that he would perform that night, the other beginning at 11:45pm. Since I had captured the images that I wanted, I decided to venture over to Fantasyland to catch Jaci Velasquez’s second set…and I sure am glad I did. You’ll see why in my next post.

12 comments:

Sarah said...

Heyy! Yes, I'm coming back. Live has been so incredibly busy. My camera probably hates me. :/

I hope all's well! I'll make sure I let you know when I come back. Thanks for checking!
:)

Sarah said...

life *

Ah, that's awesome. They're really great live. I had a chance to see them live, then hear Donald Miller, author of "Blue Like Jazz," give a speech. Great night.

Unknown said...

Sounds like a great concert. I love how you captured the different colors from the lights.

Mr. Mapper said...

Thanks for all the comments on my blog. If you ever make it back to the San Francisco area let me know and we can meet up and go on a photo safari. Im sure my mom Photowanabe would want to get in on that too!

Blue Wave 707 said...

I wish we had a super concert of Christian rockers in Hawai‘i! The last time we had anything close was the Harvest Crusade in '04. Kutless rocked!

Great pix Chad! Anxiously waiting to see your other concert pix. :-)

~Brenda said...

Chad,
I like the colors of your pictures;
especially the greenish light
you were able to capture on the face of the drummer.

Baylee is too cute!

Ash said...

Wow...awesome!

Memories Catcher said...

Sounds like a great concert.Great shots.I like the prespectives,light and colors.Very goos job!

Laurie said...

It sounds like it was a great concert. I love the pic with the child. That is so sweet.

David Pentecost said...

I really like the first full body image with his guitar. I really like the way the image is framed and the straight on angle of the stage.

Great job!

Jessica said...

Adorable photo of father and son. His expression is priceless!

Joel Reynolds said...

Cool stuff, Chad. Good shots.

Joel