Sunday, September 23, 2007

Reflections of Magic part 3


Ok, one more mystery filled image of the Castle and one more part to my “Night of Joy” commentary.

Funny Story
As my cousin, Brittany and I arrived back at my car at the closing of Night of Joy 2007, we were extremely tired from standing and walking all day. As I climbed into my black 2000 Mustang, I overheard a woman’s voice say something like, “I don’t believe it”! Not long after I close the door, I hear a wrap on my window. I look out and to my surprise, I see my friend, Alexis, standing beside my car. So, I open the door to exchange “hellos”. Lex says that she has seen me multiple times that day and was beginning to feel like a stalker. She explains that she got behind me on the highway during the trip into the park that day and also spotted me at the Pirates of the Caribbean ride as well! I assured her that I never even saw her. I then proceeded to introduce her to my younger cousin, Brittany and vise versa. We then said our goodbyes and headed home.

Once I got back to Lakeland, my cell phone finally told me that I had a text message and voicemail (I sometimes cannot get good reception at theme parks). I had not had my phone on that night, so I wouldn’t had known that anyone had called me while in the park. Upon listening to the messages, I found that Lex had tried calling while in the park, but of course, I was not able to return her call anyway. This only added to Lex’s suspicion that I was trying to ignore her for some reason.

The next day, Alexis calls me. I then find out more detail of just how good of an accidental “spy” or “Ninja” that she was the day before. She proceeds to tell me that not only was she behind me on I-4, but that she had actually pulled up along side and honked her horn at me, but I did not even notice!

She then tells me that while in line for the Pirate ride, she actually came up behind me and touched my poncho, but I did not even feel a thing. After all, she was touching a bulky plastic covering. I told her that she should have grabbed my shoulder or something. I would have felt that. I think it had become a game to her at that point though.

She continues to let me know that she even rode the same ride boat during “Pirates” as Britt and I. We were in the front seat, Lex was in the back. Keep in mind that this boat is only about twelve feet long. I told her that she should have yelled out during the ride to get my attention. Once the ride was over, she said that her companions were taking their time getting off the ride and that she did not get a chance to catch up to me.

Then there was the phone call from her that I did not receive in the park, thus couldn’t return. All this led to her feeling a little paranoid that I was ignoring her for some odd reason. It just seemed too amazing that I had not noticed her in all those chance encounters that day. Encounters that I had no idea were even taking place. I assured her of this as we had a good laugh. What I did know, was that we now had a funny story to tell.

I hope you enjoyed my images and commentary from Night of Joy 2007.

24 comments:

Unknown said...

Yes I did enjoy the photos and the comments about them. Sounds like it was a good, worthwhile time.

Lara said...

i definitely did enjoy your commentary and photos, and would love to attend the event someday in the future. :)

Blue Wave 707 said...

Funny story ... attractive friend ... eerie lighting on the castle ... great series!

Ash said...

Interesting series!

Gabriella said...

Lex the stalker...... ha ha ha.
Remember that time I noticed your car at the mall. I told my sister, Martha, we should put a note on there saying something like "I'm watching you..." Ha ha ha funny times. I can't remember, did you figure out it was me? I think I maybe called or texted you and told you so you wouldn't "freak out" ha ha ha.

Laurie said...

That's a funny story. I think sometimes we just get in a noze and can actually isolate ourselves in a crowd.

Great photo too. The Magic Kingdom looks dark and haunting.

~Brenda said...

Maybe Alexis was playing a game with you; to see how close she could get near you without you being aware.

JAM said...

Cool story, Chad. I can imagine how she became paranoid. Once or twice, maybe not, but the highway, several times in the park, that's crazy.

I love the colored shots of the castle.

photowannabe said...

Great story and a great series Chad. Its obvious that you were very intent on having the most wonderful time at the Park to the exclusion of everything else.

lv2scpbk said...

Do you like live cams? Elephants at Pete's Pond in Africa right now. I even found a hummingbird live cam. Just go to my personal blog and click on the link I posted

carmilevy said...

I love stories like this, Chad. I can understand how you wouldn't know that someone's tailing you: often, when I'm out and about, I'm so focused on whatever it is that I'm doing - driving, walking, cycling, thinking, composing, whatever - that people can call my name in a pretty loud voice and I'll have no idea they were even there.

I've inadvertently offended many people this way, and it's caused me more annoyance than anything else.

Your experience here made me smile!

Amanda said...

Hey Chad, Head over to my blog and flickr account in the next day or so as I give your digital SLR a run for your money :) Saw Bethany Dillon, Santus Real and Steven Curtis Chapman in concert the other night at the best venue for picture taking at concerts. AND the best part - we were FRONT ROW, CENTER AISLE, SEATS 1 & 2... stayed tuned as I'll be posting it all soon :D

Amanda

photowannabe said...

Chad, thanks for the compliment on my blog. I don't dive into new computer related things too well. I feel good about doing this format change myself. To most its a piece of cake to do but for me it takes a lot longer.
As an aside, Lincoln Brewster will have a new CD coming out in May with all new songs he has written and collaberated on. I'm sure we will be learning some of them in the meantime. Let you know about them when we find out ourselves.
Paul Balouche led worship yesterday. It was awesome.

Jose said...

Wow, I want to go to Disneyland now. When my sond was young I took him once a year for about six years until he gained weight and developed a fear for roller coasters. It must have been back on 1984 or 1985 the last time I set foot at Disney. Thanks to your stories now I long to go there again and be a kid at heart again. I love Disneyland but shy away of the huge crowds.

I didn't know you owned a Mustang, I'm sure you know I am a Mustang afficionado and actually belong to the Copperstate Mustang Club here in Phoenix.

It's cool your frind didn't think you were dizzing her, but sometimes that happens.

Amanda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amanda said...

I just posted 'em in flickr. I was going to post about 'em in my blog, but something more important came up - so I'll possibly post about it later... but right now, all is in my flickr account. If you click on the pic, the pic gets bigger. Fortunately for flickr, it has an All Rights Reserved to protect the pics as best as possible. If I choose to post them to my blog, I'll have to look at adding a watermark like you did.

Also, if you've been following Caiden, you may want to read my blog site as well... Rough 2 days for us...

Anna said...

These were all great! I really have to come there! :)

Amanda said...

Thank you for your prayers, Chad. Been a long 2 days as it all sinks in. Caiden is doing well tho. Bouncin' back well. Been active at home and also managed to chill out w/ his Oma at school today. God is good. It's the adults in his life that are struggling the most.

Glad you liked the pics too! I have to say they turned out way better than anticipated. That venue is by far the best venue for concert pics - especially when up front and center :) It was a good show. The guy playing the DJembe is Steven's son, Will. And Caleb was along as well playing the guitar. His boys are touring w/ him this time around. They are 16 and 17. They were very good. Got plenty of shots of them as well - but the lighting on them wasn't as good, so it was hard to get good pics of them.

Good times. Santus Real was good too!

Your pics are good too. I really like the ones of Magic Kingdom castle.

Amanda said...

k, so you know in the studio they can totally process their voices to perfection... Coming from behind the scenes in radio, that's one thing I've learned about. Granted they can do some of that w/ "live" sound - depending on the mics, sound board and sound guy - but not as much as "live".

So yeah, I try not to pay too much attention to it, but I know what you mean.

Jessica said...

Stories like this make me wonder about all the wonderful things, all the encounters, all the experiences, we miss out on without even being aware.
Love the shots.

gaz said...

nice collection of shots - you should do a triptych of the three coloured castles.
from a previous post of yours, i've checked out that littrell fella and he's pretty good. hooked on the casting crowns at the moment - can't get enough of 'em.

Coy Hill said...

Good story! Sometimes the truth is the stranger than fiction, and in this case funnier too.

Ted said...

A couple of thoughts:

First on the grouping of Magic Kingdom images - This is an evocative series Chad. I can see them printed left to right on a single large narrow vertical sheet. I can see them being studied and pondered. Or at least I can see me doing that. they are wondrous.

Secondly on your commentary re. the show - Your so authentic in your story telling Chad that you cast an infectious spell. Whether the mysterious encounter with someone dear to you which is not really an encounter at all... or your appreciation for the way another artist tells truths in another medium, his a guitar, piano and song. Again, it is wondrous.

And since our minds are hard wired to find patterns I begin to wonder how the images and the stories meld. How they mysteries in those shadowed walls and parapets mingle naturally with your narrative. And I realize that those images are the soundtrack to your story... they are your melody which counterpoints your written lyrics.

And I understand why your blog never fails to make me happy. Happy doesn't come easily.

Thanks Chad.

Ted

Joel Reynolds said...

NIce shots lately, Chad. Very iconic subject matter there.

Joel