Monday, March 24, 2008

Jet Stream


I captured this image of a Chevy Belair’s hood ornament, two and a half years ago at Old Town’s “Saturday Night Cruise” in Kissimmee, Florida.

I gave this image (and the one in my previous post) as a gift to my friend, Bryan, as a house warming present a couple years ago when he was still a Bachelor. The framed prints are now featured in Bryan’s “Man Cave”, an area of his house that his wife, Autumn, has agreed to let him display these more “masculine” images.

This is actually the second time I’ve posted this image, but the first time that it’s gotten it’s own post. It was featured with a few more of my “Auto Art” images the first time.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like this hood ornament. We had one on a 1956 Chevy but at that time I would never have dreamed I would see something like it in digital form. I don't think I knew then what "digital" was or could be. I was still pretty much dealing with new technologies like color film and reading about color television in Popular Science magazine. It is a nice photo and shows off how elegant the ornament really is. Your photo makes it look better than it was. There are thousands like it parked in junk yards across America and even more in Cuba.

Abraham Lincoln in Brookville, Ohio

ASHE said...

I'd be happy to have these images in any room in the house, but I guess they are particularly suited to hang in a "man cave." That term made me chuckle :)

I think I'm going to have nickname my new camera "Killer" now, based on your comments :)

Anna said...

Oh, another one! Love it. I like the colors and of course that polished chrome! Nice Chad!

Thanks for your comments regarding the business site. I am pretty excited about it all!

photowannabe said...

I love the way you captured this hood ornament and its "jet stream" A perfect shot Chad.

Blue Wave 707 said...

Cool perspective of the coolest hood ornament.

Jose said...

I like it but I still prefer the previous one. The one on the Ford looks like a plane flying close to the athmosphere and over the clouds in what seem to be a blue sky. This one is just an ornament on a hood.

Shionge said...

I can imagine this to be the conversation topic over at their house ;) Very nice!

Laurie said...

I really like both of these. They do make for excellent wall art.