Sunday, October 01, 2006

Ms. Nash


Classic car hood ornaments intrigue me. They were such works of art that celebrated the automobile and the driving experience. While at the 2005 Lake Mirror Classic, I stumbled upon this lovely lady on the hood of a 1955 Nash. I don’t think I had ever seen a Nash before or at least one of this year. I actually didn’t even get the name of the car that day. I wanted to find out what make it was for this post, so I googled classic car hood ornaments. One of the sites that came up had one of these ladies within their front page graphics, “Bingo”.

I thought it was cool how this young maiden of chrome is posed in a very relaxed way as though lounging in a pool or just effortlessly gliding through the air. I also like how her pony tail is blowing in the wind. I’m sure she could tell a lot of stories... that is if chrome hood ornaments could talk!

I know I’ve been posting a lot of car photography lately, but that’s where my inspiration seems to be right now. I have to go with where my inspiration is.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Superbe gros plan. la statue est vraiment tres belle

Coy Hill said...

Hood ornaments were a big deal as were some of the outlandish body designs such as tail fins. Interesting how those fads have passed. I never was a big car fan but your car art shots, I Love ‘em.

Joel Reynolds said...

Wow - now that's a hood ornament!
Cool shot - great angle you picked, too.
Joel

photowannabe said...

I'm showing my age, but my very first car was a little Nash Rambler. I loved that car. It didn't have the cool hood ornament though. Great arty shot.

Lucy said...

Ms. Nash looks like she's seen a lot...and lived a full life. Fun picture!

Sidney said...

Sexy !

Kimberley said...

I agree with Sidney. There is something sexy about this shot!

Chad Oneil Myers said...

Yeah, this hood ornament is as much a celebration of "woman" as it is driving.

Cergie said...

Beautiful young iron lady !!!
Soft, and brilliant; less aggressive than Roll royce's ornament (if I'm well remembering, but I'm not a guy, ahahah !)

Reflex said...

That's a cool ornament ;)

danne said...

cool, but i still like the jaguar though. :-)

ari4u said...

oooh... i love this one.

Dave MacIntyre said...

Nice series of cars letely Chad.

TRM said...

I really like the car photos you've been posting, especially the detail shots, it high lights your creative eye.

Anonymous said...

I love the clouds on the hood of the car.