Monday, July 07, 2008

An Engagement Story part 1


For a while now, I had known that Sandy was the woman that I wanted to spend the rest of my life with. With each passing week, our love grew only stronger and the commitment in my heart grew only deeper.

Originally, my idea was to propose to Sandy on Christmas day later this year. As we talked about the prospect of marrying each other and what the future would look like, I dropped hints that a proposal was still a little ways off, although my love and commitment to her was already very strong. I just thought that Christmas would be such a special time, especially since it’s my favorite holiday. That and the fact that it’s three days after our first year anniversary of meeting each other (December 22).

It was a great idea, but I soon began to realize that Sandy and I were already engaged in our hearts. I even told her that’s how I felt. All we needed to know, we already knew.
So, two weeks ago, I had decided that I was going to make our engagement official within the next two months. All I needed was to find the type of ring that she would want.

Two Sundays ago, Sandy and I went to the Mall after church to look at engagement rings. It was in the understanding that she would tell me what she liked, then I would surprise her “some day”.

That morning in church, my pastor spoke about the Christian life and how what we’ve experienced in our hearts by the work of Christ, we live out of. When I heard that, I related it to my relationship with Sandy as well.

As we walked through the parking lot up to the entrance of Macy’s, I told Sandy about how I related what my pastor said to our relationship.

“Out of what we’ve experienced in our hearts, we live out of. That’s why we’re getting ready to look at engagement rings right now, because we’ve experienced this in our hearts.”

20 comments:

Lara said...

gah! you can't even believe how happy this makes me. i'm beaming ear to ear. :)

can't wait to read more...

Jose said...

Chad add me to the happy people list. I truly am happy for you and Sandy.

Tom said...

Me to..... add me to this list... by the way when you marry.. how about a virtual one for all use blog buddys... I feel I've watch this love grow as much as a flower in my garden.

I also called to thank you for your comment, anytime you comment is a big bonus to me as I've seen and know your work.. if you say a picture is good then I'm very pleased.

I now look forward to the next installment of you love life.. Tom

Willard said...

Chad,

It's good to hear from you! Thanks for stopping by my blog.

I'm glad that you and Sandy found each other and wish you both the best!

Priya said...

Thank you for sharing this with me and giving me a window into the beautiful lives that you two share together. When I read each of these stories the word that came to my mind was "Glorious." What glorious love and devotion you two share for each other and the Lord. Your story is an inspiration and one of God's most precious creations. I love you both and am so thrilled for you!

Anne said...

Chad and Sandy-

I am so blessed to work with Sandy and she IS a very special person! I loved seeing her yesterday with her hand stuck out with a huge SMILE! I loved hearing her story and how Chad proposed!

Anne

~Brenda said...

I love the creative picture of you and Sandy!

Engaged in your hearts; that’s when you know you have the right person to marry.

We are thrilled for you both!

Dalis said...

WOW!! So happy for you both.
What an expression of True Love I have witnessed in these Pictures and stories. God is so faithful to reward you with eachother -evidence that He is able to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think. I can't wait to delight joyously sharing in the many more wonderful events to come.
Love you both.

photowannabe said...

Yipee!!!Congratulations and I am so happy for both of you. With the Lord at the center of your lives this is the only way things could go.
Love this picture and eagerly wait for part II.

Lori said...

Sigh. This is so beautiful. I think every woman dreams of someone feeling this way about her. I always have.

I am so thrilled for you both! Even though I don't officially 'know' you, I feel that I do through your sharing of photos and stories. Thank you for allowing us to share this path of love. I'm with Tom on sharing your wedding. It would almost be as wonderful as being right there!

Blessings and much joy to you both!

ASHE said...

Chad, reading your posts about your relationship with Sandy always makes me smile inside, and its heartwarming to see you guys progressing and making what you feel in your hearts a reality.

Your pictures and posts make it clear how much you feel for Sandy, and how great a person she is - I am definitely camped out on the "Happy People List" too!

Coy Hill said...

Wonderful! We are so happy for the both of you!

The Wedding will be the PEY, Photo Event of the Year!

Now get some sleep Chad, you cannot run on adrenalin (or love) forever :)

Joel Reynolds said...

Wow - well said, Chad. Glad things are going so well. You're buying up all the jewelry, eh?
I'm not sure if I've told you this, but I'm a Christian as well, and it's always cool to read about your walk on your blog.
Oh, and nice shot!

Joel

Kerri Farley said...

Wow Chad! A match made in Heaven...literally! What a wonderful time for you both!
Congratulations!!

JAM said...

That's a great shot Chad. Great story too. Congratulations on your engagement.

TRM said...

Congrats to both of you! Such a blessing to find that one special person. Like the pic too!

Nestor Family said...

I have the biggest smile right now!!! Your relationship with God at the center of your everything... and then the story of you and Sandy... it is just so wonderful!

Continued blessings to you and Sandy!

Nestor Family said...

P.S. Love the photo!

Shionge said...

Hey....am I the last to read this!!!! So happy to hear this and yes, what a joy to read this. Congrats Chad!!!

Now I shall move up to part 2 ;)

Blue Wave 707 said...

Dude! Congratulations! May you & Sandy receive many blessings throughout your lives together.